This is an interesting exercise for me, because I enjoy writing lists. My favorite, “O Hidden Drawer“, was written in February 2015 for Writing 201: Poetry (WordPress, Blogging U). More recently, on this blog, I wrote “Survival” for day 25 of the 2017 NaPoWriMo challenge, a prose poem comprised of a list of things to be remembered in the midst of living life.
What I’m good at . . .
- Developing and sticking to a food regimen (mostly)
- Creating something or engaging in creative activity everyday
- Attempting to relearn skills that I have lost (e.g., playing the piano)
- Engaging people in conversations (which become one-sided, and so don’t last as long as I would like, but still . . . )
- Relaxing, taking naps, and thinking—staying centered
- Reading lots and lots of books, diverse genres and topics
- Taking photographs
- Writing poems
- Nattering on and on, mostly to myself or the dogs, when I am not reading or writing or exercising, which has resulted in
- Not watching television, listening to the radio (except to listen to the local ham radio net on weekends sometimes), or playing music for background noise
- Writing long letters. I do need friends or acquaintances to write to, who also would write letters. One of the things I do miss from college is the endless discussions about weighty topics.